<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nothing to Fear?

In light of recent events, just within my son`s school district, I wanted to reflect a bit about fear and what the Word says about it.

Just this week, there have been at least 2 bomb threats and 1 shooting threat - within a 25 mile radius!  As I write this, my son is at school under `lock down`.  I only know this because my ex-husband was kind enough to call and inform me!  The school however, does not tell us what in the world is going on!  Rumors and assumptions fly all over the place!  What is a parent to do?

Well, for now, I`m not even going to vent or complain about my views on this for a few reasons!  1) I`m currently attempting to overcome the complaining `addiction` (see previous post) and 2) After several situations, like this, this year, I`m learning to `let go & let God`!  (Both are equally as challenging!)

`Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.`  Isaiah 41:10

It is times like these that I have to rest securely in my faith - in my God!  He is bigger and more powerful than anything that comes against my son or anyone in my family!  I have to believe that whatever the outcome, whether it be intended for good or evil, my God will use it for His glory!

11 But let all who take refuge in You be glad, Let them ever sing for joy; And may You shelter them, That those who love Your name may exult in You.
12 For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD, You surround him with favor as with a shield.  Psalm 5:11-12


I mean, I would just crumble if anything happened to one of my kids!  But I have found myself worrying to the point of physical illness!  Enough already!

God promises to protect us!  He promises to have our best interest at heart!  Granted, evil rules this world and it is made more and more obvious to us with each and every terrorist attack and school massacre!

Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.  Psalm 140:4

But, for those of us who choose to believe in God`s Word, in His promises – we can have hope and faith in better things!

1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:
3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:
4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?
6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.
7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.
8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.
9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.
10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.  Psalm 64:1-10

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

This was awesome, C!!! Thank you!!!

April 21, 2007 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>