<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I`ve Learned Some Things Today

(And, Unfortunately, So Has My Pre-Schooler)

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.  Psalm 101:2

Today started like any other Saturday . . . I woke up with a miserable headache, had several t-shirts to print, my pre-schooler was hungry (ALL DAY), my ex-husband needed another favor, blah, blah, blah.  *smile*

So anyway, amidst all of these other fairly `usual` happenings, I had decided to call and cancel one of those crazy things that got added to my credit card simply because, when the salesperson called and gave me the garbley-gook, sales-pitch, I was so desperate to get off of the phone that I took the offer.  Well, I never received the `Welcome` package; however they have faithfully charged me $9.95 per month.  I decided that I`d had enough and needed to cancel it before it was due again this month!

Side note:  I have been working really hard to not take my frustration out on customer service reps, since usually it`s not their fault that I`m dissatisfied!

However . . .

Upon explaining to this girl that I wanted to cancel the service because I never received the information (as promised) and had no real clue what the service even was . . . she proceeded to tell me that she would be happy to cancel it, however, she was sure that I understood the `wonderful` benefits of this service, blah, blah, blah . . .

What?

Can you understand the words that are comin` out of my mouth?

NO! I had absolutely NO clue what the benefits were as I`d NEVER received the `Welcome` package!  -As promised!

So, she proceeds to tell me that if I have an internet connection I could easily look up the information on-line!

Hello?

I`m sorry!  I most definitely SHOULD NOT have to do this!  Basically, I paid for something and did not receive it!  Cancel the darn thing and quit charging my credit card $9.95 per month for NOTHING!

Obviously, she got upset that I still preferred to cancel the `service` and did not even remain on the line long enough for me to wish her a `great weekend`!  *cheesy smile*

Yes, I`m ranting a bit, and I DO apologize.  These blog posts aren`t usually set at this tone!  But honestly, it`s been a frustrating and enlightening day to say the least!

Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all.  I Timothy 4:15

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  II Timothy 4:2

Right off the bat today, I found that I am learning to stick up for myself.  I refuse to basically get `jipped` out of money that we`ve worked very hard for!  (Money that I could use to buy Disney’s “Over the Hedge”!)

Well, anyway, a bit later in the day, I grabbed my pre-schooler and set off to the wonderful and always colorful trip to the garbage dump!  LOL

After which, we then proceeded to the grocery store.  (Well, after today, I will gladly drag garbage to the dump as to EVER go to the grocery store again!)

First of all, I realize that these stores can`t be held accountable for the behavior of their customers.  Got that!

And, it wasn`t bad enough that this one particular family was stretched the length of the entire `meat` section (prohibiting other customers from perusing the selection) and that every other word out of their mouths was a cuss word and spoken loudly at that.  

Sadly, I`m growing accustomed to that junk in the parking lots, etc.  (I find it inexcusable, but it is everywhere and I have yet to figure out how to avoid it.  We`ve even had to listen to it at the dentist`s office!)

It wasn`t even the fact that I had to bag my own groceries because the `bagger` fellas were busy helping men bag their groceries.  Or even the fact that a customer entering the store confused me with an employee and asked ME where to find charcoal!  (That part is actually a bit funny and he DID apologize later!)

The kicker was this . . .

The customer in the next isle asked the cashier for a blow job!  WHAT?  Holy cow!  Right smack dab in front of my child, God and EVERYBODY!

I was so disgusted!  I blurted out, “There ARE children present!”  I could not even believe my ears!  I was so mad that I could have puked – right there!

This is the kind of trash talk that you`d expect to hear in a bar!

The worst part of all was when I realized that the cashier was NOT repulsed, NOT embarrassed, NOT even shaken by this!  She was `flirting` back with this man!  Ugh!

This just makes me so sick to even think about it!

Thus, I`ve learned something else about myself today!  I`m becoming a `prude`!

Once upon a time, I may not have even noticed this kind of talk.  Today, however, I find it reprehensible, repulsive, vile, disgusting, obnoxious and quite frankly, I think that cashier should be reprimanded!  In fact, I may never return to this store!

Gone is the day when customer service was courteous and respectful!

I may step on some toes with this post and if so, I am really sorry, but tough!  My children and I are forced to listen to discussions of drunken parties and happenings, sexual conduct and God knows what else, just to do something as mundane and essential as to buy groceries, cat food and sidewalk chalk!

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.  Romans 12:17

If perhaps, I have made you mad, here are some suggestions:

• Don`t read my blog!  I am a Christian woman doing my best to raise my children as such – some might leak out in my blog!

• Watch what kind of garbage you spew out in public!

• Get right with God!

(I highly recommend the latter!)

1 “Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the LORD your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.

2 “All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God:

3 “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.

4 “Blessed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground and the offspring of your beasts, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock.

5 “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

6 “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

7 “The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways.

8 “The LORD will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

9 “The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways.

10 “So all the peoples of the earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will be afraid of you.

11 “The LORD will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.

12 “The LORD will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.

13 “The LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully,

14 and do not turn aside from any of the words which I command you today, to the right or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.  Deuteronomy 28:1-14

Labels: , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

EEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have gone straight to management with that one!!! What is WRONG with this world????????????

April 15, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

< Home>