<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Like Learning to Ride a Bike

This week, my 3-year old learned to effectively peddle his bike.  It`s such a joy to watch him get it right and appreciate the new-found luxury of `riding his bike`!  Before, he was just pushing himself along – doing the best he could.

(As I`ve mentioned before, I get my inspiration in some really unique ways!) *wink*

As I was relishing in his achievement, I got to thinking about how `easy` God is and how reliable He is.  I was thinking about how most of us just `push ourselves along` or `do the best we can` when we`re without Him.

People often say things like “once you learn to ride a bike you never forget” or “it`s as easy as learning to ride a bike”.

Once God touches your life, even the slightest bit, you never really forget Him!  You may rebel or even ignore Him, but He`s a part of you.  His love and grace are instilled in your brain,  your heart and most importantly, your soul!  He patiently waits for us to come back to Him of our own will and desire.  He`s ready and waiting for us to repent our sins and get on the right path with Him.

38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 “For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”
40 And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!”  Acts 2:38-40


God really doesn`t make it hard to walk with Him.  It may seem like it at the time.  It may seem like you have to give up `having fun` or give up your `freedom` – you really have so much to gain!

9 But, beloved, we are convinced of better things concerning you, and things that accompany salvation, though we are speaking in this way.
10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints.
11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end,
12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.  Hebrews 6:9-12


Looking back over my own life, I have to wonder now what the attraction really was in all of the sin and fleshly desires.  I was constantly struggling and alone.  I was never really happy or joyful!

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.  II Corinthians 7:1

Goodness!  Here I am enjoying the best part of my life so far and all those things are gone!  All those people are gone.  I went through one of the toughest times in my life and none of those `friends` were there for me!  They just found a new drinking buddy, a new ride around town or a new house to party at.

What did I really give up?  Not a darn thing!  I gained so much love from God, so much peace, joy, happiness and contentment.

Don`t get me wrong, there are still struggles and some loneliness, but now I`m not alone – not at all!  I have my Heavenly Father right here beside me!  Unlike the love or friendship or kindness of anyone I`ve ever known here on Earth, my God NEVER leaves me nor forsakes me!

1 “I love You, O LORD, my strength.”
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.    Psalm 18:1-3


2According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.  I Peter 1:2-9


Praise God!


1 And working together with Him, we also urge you not to receive the grace of God in vain—
2 for He says, “AT THE ACCEPTABLE TIME I LISTENED TO YOU, AND ON THE DAY OF SALVATION I HELPED YOU.” Behold, now is “THE ACCEPTABLE TIME,” behold, now is “THE DAY OF SALVATION”—
3 giving no cause for offense in anything, so that the ministry will not be discredited,
4 but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses,
5 in beatings, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in hunger,
6 in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love,
7 in the word of truth, in the power of God; by the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and the left,
8 by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; regarded as deceivers and yet true;
9 as unknown yet well-known, as dying yet behold, we live; as punished yet not put to death,
10 as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things.
11 Our mouth has spoken freely to you, O Corinthians, our heart is opened wide.
12 You are not restrained by us, but you are restrained in your own affections.
13 Now in a like exchange—I speak as to children—open wide to us also.
14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 “Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord. “AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.
18 “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty.  II Corinthians 6:1-18

Labels: , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>