<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, April 6, 2007

Do Not Give Up

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Galatians 6:9

I read this verse for the very first time this week when it was part of a daily, inspirational e-mail I receive.  Very appropriate for me at this time!  (Isn`t God`s timing wonderful?)

The last few weeks have been very busy and tiring.

Jenna`s Team has become a mission that is very dear to my heart.  (Yes!  I am still talking about this and may do so for a very long time!)  Besides my public plea to the masses, I have been approaching businesses for sponsorship.  I have also been working with Jenna`s daddy to create t-shirts and hats for the team to wear at Walk America.  (We were so blessed as to be able to purchase the equipment and supplies in order to make the team matching hats!  Praise God!)

Also, I have been more involved in church and besides getting ready for the Easter Celebration; it is almost time for our annual Youth Group outreach.  I am going into it this year with the intent to pace myself!  (I am typically one of those types of people that shoots out of the gate at 150% and fizzles out near the end!)

Overall, it has been a very busy time and this can really cause the flesh to become weary.  Sometimes we even get frustrated or disheartened and want to give up!

In a conversation with my pastor, something very interesting came to light.  If we interact with people and only see them through eyes of flesh, we are bound to be disappointed!  People are people!  WE are people!  In our own capacity we will fail and so does everyone else!  However, if we see, hear, speak, love and DO everything by the grace of God, we will NOT fail!  We will succeed by the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit!

That is better than any diet supplement, vitamin pill or workout regime!  It is promised to us by God, it is guaranteed!  (For more than 30 days!) *wink*

11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. 13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.   Philippians 4:11-13

We are meant to do good, minister, reach out and glorify God!  Through Him it is possible and it comes naturally!  It rejuvenates us and most importantly it makes us fruitful!  Praise God!

Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.  Titus 3:14

Labels: , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Thank you! I think I needed to hear that today. yes I do think Gods timing is wonderful! ways to encourage us when we need it the most!

all the best for your mission of Jenna's team!

April 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>