<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tolerate, Forgive and Overcome

Yowsers!  When I mentioned the recent tests of unconditional love, forgiveness and tolerance, little did I know I`d be practicing it ONE MORE time that very same day!  I found myself climbing out of a warm toasty bed and heading back on the road, driving 45 minutes, one-way to pick up my son early from visitation with his father because he was `abandoned` on Easter Sunday!  Geez!

I`ve got to be totally honest with you gals . . . I was ticked!  -To say the least!  These guys get very little time together as it is (Dad`s doing – not ours) and the one time they`ve had, one of few holidays they had together . . . and my ex decides to give someone else priority over his son?

How appropriate is it that the very same day this was all happening, Christians around the world were recognizing the crucifixion and celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

Some of the last words Jesus spoke on that cross were of forgiveness for his enemies, for people that were brutally attacking, taunting, robbing and disrespecting him!

But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.  Luke 23:34

Man, I wanted so badly to get angry, say nasty things, lash out, pick a fight – whatever it took to relieve the flesh of all this hostility!

What did I do?  Nothing!  -Well, nothing that surrendered to the flesh anyway!  I prayed!  And prayed!  The entire 45 minute drive, I prayed to my Lord and asked Him for help!  Help to forgive, overlook, tolerate and love my ex-husband, no matter how angry this most recent incident made me!

21 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.  Matthew 18:21-22

The enemy kept attacking me though!  He tried and tried to stir up all the anger and bitterness!  But we can`t let him get away with that Sisters!  Keep praying and seeking God`s love . . . God`s forgiveness . . . God`s tolerance!  Through Christ, all things are possible!  Even loving, forgiving and tolerating those who wrong us!  Even those who wrong our children!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  Philippians 4:13

How interesting that the very same day I had spent in church learning of my Savior`s tolerance and forgiveness, should I be tested over and over again to do the same?

1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of  peace.  Ephesians 4:1-3

Obviously, we just can`t take on these struggles by ourselves!  We are just human beings, initially driven by the flesh, influenced by the world that we live in!

We have to overcome all this `junk` that surrounds us and fill our hearts, minds, bodies and spirits with God.  Everything about us should be filtered through the Holy Spirit!

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart. Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:12

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

2 Comments:

Great post, prevelant in so many areas !!!
I'm new to your blog, hope you don't mind another "visitor." :)

Deborah

April 12, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Before God changes the circumstances, He always changes us. In the spirit realm, God is moving in this situation.



http://rosebee.blogspot.com

April 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>