<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Look Left, Look Right & Praise God!

Do you ever hear people tell those eerie stories about how they`re trying to get somewhere but the kids weren`t listening, things weren`t going well and they were ready to pull their hair out because they were going to be late?  But. . . had they been on time, they`d have been involved in a terrible accident?

Let me tell `ya sister . . . it is totally freaky!  I`m here to tell `ya about it!

There wasn`t anything particularly unique about this Monday morning, the birds were singing and the sun was peaking in . . . pretty usual.  Little did I know, that THIS Monday would evolve to be one of the most blessed and favored days of mine and my children`s lives!

A good man will obtain favor from the LORD,  Proverbs 12:2

The day started by our noticing in the newspaper that friends of ours not only acknowledged a donation my company made to them, but they did so in such a way that would give maximum exposure!  Very cool gesture guys!  Thanks!

So far, the day is off to a great start!

A bit later, as I proceeded to get my kids together to go BACK to the dentist, one got ready while the other totally drug his feet and did everything under the sun to slow us down!  I remember thinking “Man, my day started off well, but it`s taking a turn for the worst!”

Little did I realize that this was God`s way of protecting my day, my children and me!  Not only was He preventing us from having a much worse day, He made it even better still!

After traveling about 15 minutes into our 45 minute drive, we were detoured.  We didn`t really know why or what was going on.  Only that all traffic was being re-routed onto this twisty-turny, narrow, dirt road!

We arrived at the dentist`s office and as I proceeded to beg them to take my son, I found out that the appointment after us had cancelled.  Thus, allowing my son to not only get the rest of his own appointment, but the next 30 minute slot as well!  Praise God!  (When you are talking a 45 minute drive one way, with an onslaught of dentist appointments in your future ~ the more time the better!)

I was also informed that the detour was due to an accident and that it had involved a school bus!  Well, suddenly, all I could think about was that someone`s kids were on that bus!  I proceeded to pray and pray for those kids, families and the bus driver!

It wasn`t until later in the day that it was clarified.  There was not a school bus involved, but rather two coal trucks.  They collided head on, damaged a bridge and spewed coal and ash all over the road.  (Which took over 7 hours to clean up!)  One driver was injured, but not badly.

Had we been on time this morning, we very easily could have been involved in that accident!

The fact still remains Sisters, no matter how bad something seems, no matter how late we are running or how out of hand things seem, God IS in control!  He has a plan and He has a time!

`For I know the plans that I have for you,` declares the LORD, `plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.`  Jeremiah 29:11

He has the power to take something the enemy means for harm and turn it into something wonderful!

“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.  Genesis 50:20

Stop rushing!  Stop being compulsive or forceful!  Trust God!  Give problems, situations and circumstances up to Him!  Unlike you and me, He is qualified to carry the weight of the world on His shoulders!

Labels:

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>