<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, April 9, 2007

Love Through the Eyes of the Lord

1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  I Corinthians 13:1-7

After mentioning this in my last post, I thought I`d reflect on it a bit more.  I feel that God is dealing with me on this and I am seriously struggling with it!

Initially, when I mentioned this, little did I know that I would yet again be tested in this area over the weekend!  *wink*

First of all, I was compelled to invite my father to Easter Sunday service.  (Daddy  isn`t saved and another one of his brothers passed away this week.)  Although very fearful, I worked up the nerve and invited him.  (I even played the `how much do you love me` card!)  Needless to say, Dad shot me down!  I have since decided that I am old enough to quit vying for my Daddy`s love and respect and quit mulling over the disappointment and heartache of the past!  It is time to embark on a serious mission, pull out all the punches and do everything I can to minister to my Dad and help him find his way to Jesus Christ.  –The time for subtle pleasantries is over!

Second, I witnessed the display of some really sad behaviors over the weekend!  I saw children and adults do some pretty `unlovable` things!

So, I have to tell you some things the Lord is teaching me about myself and some things that I`m personally working very hard to overcome!

I realized that by getting angry, irritable, annoyed or whatever else - I am sinning!  Most importantly, I am judging these people.  I am evaluating, analyzing, observing and whatever other justification you can come up with AND I am judging!  Newsflash!  That`s a sin!

Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.  Romans 2:1

I have no place to pass judgment on anyone or their actions.  I have to overlook the transgressions of the flesh (which none of us are above) and love through the eyes of God, love with a heart filled with the Holy Spirit!  Love the unlovable!

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.  I Peter 4:8

This is SO hard!  You think about how much you love your children . . . it`s SO easy to love them when they`re cuddly, kissin` & huggin` on you or when they are peacefully sleeping in their beds!  But it is SO hard to love them when they are screaming or throwing a miserable temper tantrum in the middle of the doctor`s office or the grocery store!  Amen?  But guess what?  We do it - don`t we?  It`s that unconditional love that we have for our children and that God has for us!  Praise God!

Well, here`s another newsflash!  We are supposed to love everyone that way!

17 `You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 18 `You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.  Leviticus 19:17-18

9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; 11 not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, 13 contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.  Romans 12:9-13

Labels:

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Dear Sister In Christ,

Ingrid and I wish to encourage you to continually be built up in the most holy faith. Keep Blogging/Writing for the Kingdom!

AlbertHoward.org

April 8, 2007 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>