<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, March 16, 2007

Gim’me Somethin’ to Believe In!

Everyone just wants something to believe in ~ don`t they?  Everyone needs somewhere to belong and feel safe!  This issue came up in conversation several times yesterday and I felt compelled to `investigate`.

History is repeating itself as I watch my teenage son, attempt to distinguish himself, find a place to belong and to be accepted.  It seems like mo matter how much we love our kids unconditionally; they continue to want for something more!  They need their friends to accept them . . . they need to be accepted by the opposite gender . . . they need their teacher`s approval . . . it`s endless!  *smile*

In reality, most adults are no different!  We need our bosses, co-workers, social groups, etc. to `like` us!

Do you remember when you were an unbeliever and you roamed around always empty?  No matter how many friends you had, how much money you made, how much you exercised ~ there was still something missing?

I distinctly remember hearing the religious icons talk about this!  They would consistently try to impress the need for God in our lives!  (I often chuckle at how silly it all sounded then!)  But it is SO real!

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Why is it that so many people deny the existence of God?  They refuse to believe that He loves them and is willing to forgive them of all their sins!

1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 “In My Father`s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 “And you know the way where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.  John 14:1-6

be•lieve

to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so


Why?  Why is it so hard for people to believe in God?

Is it a trust issue?  Do they not trust the Word of God?

It could be guilt!  Yes!  Guilt is good.  I mean it`s a huge struggle to forgive yourself!  If you are fortunate enough to forgive yourself and believe that God has forgiven you, there is always somebody in this world that is more than happy to remind you of what a failure you are!

Is it pride?  Maybe they`re too proud to admit they need anyone else ~ including God?

Doubt?  That`s another huge issue!  If we aren`t proud, we lack self-confidence to do very much of anything!

OH!  I know!  They`re having too much fun drinking themselves silly and doing so many drugs that their bodies are dying from the inside out!  Then there`s the premarital/extramarital sex with dozens of people they don`t know (or know anything about)!  OOH!  Gambling!  That`s a good one!  It`s a real rush to gamble your paycheck away and not be able to pay your bills!

You might wonder where all that came from!  Well, because I know!  First hand!  I was completely throwing my life away!

What changed all that?  Believing in something!  REALLY believing in God!  Completely and totally believing that He loves me ~ unconditionally!

13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. I John 5:13-15

Praise God!


SPECIAL NOTE:Above I mentioned 5 different reasons why we might find it difficult to believe:  Trust Issues, Guilt, Pride, Doubt & Selfishness.  These are all huge pitfalls, especially for us single moms who often lack the Earthly support system we desperately need.  Shoot, I know a lot of married moms struggling with these same topics!  Next week, I want to research each topic individually and see if we can`t understand them a little better!

Best wishes for a weekend full of God`s love!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>