<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, April 27, 2007

Faith Like a Mustard Seed

For truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,` and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.  Matthew 17:20

Around my house, the last couple of weeks have been a bit more trying than usual.  It seems as though we are simply muddling through and `just getting by`.  (Anyone else feel that way?)

Before I explain the details I would like to take a moment and thank God for His many blessings.  Especially pointing out, that I am sincerely grateful to Him for the health and safety of my children, my Mom, myself and the rest of my family and friends.  I realize that things could surely be much worse!

So, I`ve been sizing up this next post and debating what material to use as a `jumping off` point.  This is tough, because I don`t want to gripe or complain!  *wink*

Maybe I`ll start by telling you that I got a bit of a raw deal with my new vehicle.  (Luckily it is only cosmetic.)  There is some body damage that was `hidden` and I didn`t find it until my first thorough washing/waxing attempt.  This could easily be a very costly job and obviously one that I cannot justify the funds for right now.  Can you say `GRRR`?

What`s more, while the nation was reeling in death and suffering, some idiot(s) had the audacity to enter onto our property (through a gated fence) and steal both of my sons peddle bikes.  (Both of which he saved his own money to buy!)  I realize that this is what the `world` has been reduced to, but I still find it hard to understand.  We left something outside, on our patio, propped up against our home, next to our back door, (in plain view) and this justifies someone TAKING what is OURS?  The police really can`t do much.  They did promise to increase their presence in our area, but  I haven`t seen them yet.  Alas, this is how THIS summer has begun with my neighbors.  A girlfriend asked me if I really thought they were involved.  Most definitely!  The effects of the `world` on my neighborhood have been unbelievable.  UNBELIEVABLE!  We just can`t get moved fast enough!

Simply put, there are a lot of `little` things that are building up.  Every once in a while I get a little overwhelmed by it all.  To mention everything individually would probably wander into the realm of complaining and I am doing my very best to stay out of there!  (Even though that little purple bracelet isn`t here yet!)  *wink*

Overall I am just feeling very alone and sad.  Not depressed or anything major like that.  Just that annoying `alone` feeling when you ache for someone to `make it all better`!  You want for those strong arms wrapped around you to soften all the blows.  Perhaps a loving whisper of encouragement in your ear.

Although in the natural we seem to be incredibly alone, we need to refocus, step out of the box, so to speak!  Each one of us has a friend and comforter like no other!  Certainly like no one on this Earth!

2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5 For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
6 But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;
7 and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.  II Corinthians 1:2-7


God is always working to `make it all better`!  His arms are the strongest and He`s always willing to wrap them around you!  He never stops whispering uplifting, encouraging, loving words in your ear – just be willing to listen!

We`re never alone!  Have faith!  Even that of a mustard seed!  (Which by the way, is not quite as big as the top of a pin!)

1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
2 For by it the men of old gained approval.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.
4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.
6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.  Hebrews 11:1-6

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>