<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bless & Be Blessed

Over the weekend, I had the incredible pleasure of being a part of “Walk America”.  It was a wonderful experience that my children and I shared with many other people, some of which, I`d like to think we can now call friends.

When we got involved with “Jenna`s Team” almost two months ago, I had all intentions of printing the shirts and hats, rounding up a few sponsors and that would be that.  As I got to know John and Jennifer better, I suddenly wanted to do everything I could to make their first experience with “Walk America” a huge success.  I couldn`t bring their daughter back or ease their grief in any way, but I could help them support the March of Dimes!

All I can say is WOW!  It was such a glorious day.  God delivered us amazing weather!  It was warm and sunny and not one cloud in the sky! Amidst all the tragedy, fear and sadness of the week before, I was so relieved and encouraged to see so many people pull together for the health and survival of babies!

So, here I was setting out to bless “Jenna`s Team” and immediately, God blessed me by showing me some human behavior that I was beginning to lose hope in!  He showed me that there are still people that wish for nothing more than to spread kindness, love, selflessness, and He blessed me with some wonderful, new friends!

The moral of the story, here is this, do everything you do with your whole heart, for the glory of God.  He will reward you abundantly!

Sow with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD Until He comes to rain righteousness on you.  Hosea 10:12

Do not however, attempt to please or impress `people` with your efforts.  You will always, always, be disheartened.  It is simply impossible to please everyone all of the time.  But, the good news is this, when we are doing everything with and through God and for His glory, He is always pleased and He will reward us richly!

6 Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.
II Corinthians 9:6-8


Praise God!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>