<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Where Is the Fear?

A term I grew up hearing and knowing was `God Fearing`. I always knew that besides my parents or the authorities, if (when) I messed up, I would have to answer to God. If I didn`t change my ways, if I wasn`t on the right track, God would deal with me appropriately. I also knew that this would be worse than anything my parents or the law could dole out! Evil shall slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned. Psalm 34:21-22

Over the years now, my relationship with God has grown into one of love and adoration. I still fear Him (like a strict parent), but I don`t` live in fear of Him. Rather, I worship Him and praise Him because He is awesome. But godliness with contentment is great gain. I Timothy 6:6 He has shown me time and time again how wonderful He is and how merciful He is! But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. I Timothy 6:11 The Amplified Bible translates Godliness here as: `the loving fear of God and being Christlike`.

My question today though, where`s the fear in this world?

The world is so consumed with hatred and vulgarity. It also seems to me that people are so driven by being noticed and recognized, that they will do anything to get attention ~ even bad attention. Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. I Timothy 6:5

I find it very terrifying that people don`t fear the wrath of God anymore. (How can we expect them to be intimidated by the legal system or jail time?)

Abstain from every form of evil. I Thessalonians 5:22 Couldn`t be more plain than that! EVERY form of evil. Not just some, not the ones that are convenient or the ones that aren`t `socially` unacceptable EVERY form! Even the smallest ones or the ones on the lowest scale.

I`ll be the first to admit that it is hard to do this. But we have to try. We have to correct areas of our lives that we are convicted in and move on to the next issue. Constantly walking farther along the path to righteousness. Constantly excelling and improving our way of living. Flee from these things . . . pursue righteousness, Godliness, faith, love perseverance and gentleness! But refuse profane and old wives` fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.I Timothy 4:7-8

You can`t just overcome drinking, or drugs or gambling and stop there. ~ Don`t get me wrong, those are major addictions and everyone has a different struggle with each. Overcoming addiction(s) is a great accomplishment and to be admired. The point I`m making is that it`s not the only one. There are many, many issues in all of our lives that we need to overcome. No matter your level of commitment to the Father, there is something that you can improve upon to walk closer to Him.

Let`s face it, we are not perfect or even close to being comparable to God. This is something we must always strive for and something only completely attained once we arrive in Heaven with Him!

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness. Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation.II Peter 3:10-15

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>