<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Value of a Good Friend


Well, we`ve discussed a lot of `junk` this week and we`ve also discussed friendships.

Something else that can take you by surprise is when you realize that some people really just aren`t your friends and don`t care too much about you. Sometimes, you realize that a friendship is `junk`! *wink* It can be a very devastating time. I even lost a job once, because a `friend` of mine was more motivated to assume my position than to be a loyal friend! WOWIE! What a blow!

Divorce is another great test for friends. During my divorce, my ex-husband forced most of `our` friends to choose between us. I found that although they said they weren`t `choosing`, they just quit talking to ME! *big smile* In fact, the only friends I kept were friends that were originally `mine` to begin with!

Any type of separation like this is a good guide. You will figure out very quickly who your true friends are.

But enough of that. These are just more examples of `junk`. For it is not an enemy who reproaches and taunts me ~ then I might bear it; nor is it one who has hated me who insolently vaunts himself against me, ~ then I might hide from him. But it was you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend. We had sweet fellowship together and used to walk to the house of God in company. Psalm 55:12-14

When this happens, we have to turn our faces to the sun and rise above. Look toward God for comfort and relief and press on. As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon will I utter my complaint and moan and sigh, and He will hear my voice. He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me [so that none came near me.], for they were many who strove with me. Psalm 55:16-18 Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 Amidst it all, God is good!

Then, He outdoes Himself! He blesses us with really, good, true-blue, `Thelma & Louise` ~ Totally Awesome Friends. There is little as valuable or precious as one of these kinds of friends. You can trust them with your secrets, your life, your children, your money, your car, with everything! They are so incredibly valuable, that they are far and few between and hard to acquire ~ like diamonds or gold!

Perhaps they could be considered Angels on Earth! Obviously, God really is with us at all times and He will always be the ultimate friend. A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 Isn`t it nice to have an awesome gal pal too? Someone that God himself put here to share a good laugh, a good cry, crowning moments and the most devastating ones.

This is the woman who you know would get on a plane and fly 1000`s of miles to be with you in tragedy ~ or HAS! She`s the one that is sincerely happy that you`ve found a home after 3 years of searching. She`s the one that is happy you made a profit on a real estate sale and can finally get a REAL hair style or new pair of shoes. She`s the one that encourages you to try something new ~ especially when it`s a little [a lot] scary! She`s the one that relishes in every happy moment without begrudging you the success or prosperity! A friend loveth at all times . . . Proverbs 17:17

Yes, I believe these women are Angels! They are sent here by God to help nudge us in the right directions and help us survive!

Give your Angel a hug today and thank her for being who she is! *big hug*

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>