<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, January 29, 2007

Betrayal, Lies and the Cold Shoulder



There are some things working on me already this week and I feel compelled to pick them apart and analyze them. I`m going to seek understanding through the Word and then try to let these things go.

The coolest part is, I`m not really going off topic. Yesterday, we talked about removing some of the junk out of your life and filling your head with positive, Godly thoughts and what I`m dealing with is certainly `junk`! *smile*

In fact, we might spend all week talking about `junk`. There is so much of this in the world we live in! How can we fight it and get rid of it if we don`t know what it all is? And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2

Well, I`m just so upset! First of all, after church Sunday, I took my kids to get some fast food (a real treat in their eyes) and while `driving through` we realized that the little girl at the window was the daughter of an old friend. And I hate to say it, but I am using the term friend, very lightly. During one of the hardest times in my life she abandoned me!

Well, I had two choices, 1) Take my disappointment out on her daughter or 2) Be God-like, let bygones be bygones and just be nice. I chose to be nice and polite and get over myself! I used my credit card, so she obviously knew who I was when she handed the card out the window and said very impolitely `HERE!` Holy Cow! Complete and utter strangers treat me better than this! (And she`s getting paid to behave this way! *wink*)

So it is at this time, my oldest son proceeds to inform me that another woman from our past, who spread some very serious lies about me and made my life very uncomfortable, is choosing to ignore and be rude to him in passing. Her CHILDREN are being rude and nasty to him at school. WHAT? Are you kidding me?

These women hurt me, they hurt my family, and they betrayed me and lied about me. Now, they and their children have the audacity to treat me and my children poorly?

Well, I could go on and on about this! I`m more upset than I can put in to words! This is outrageous behavior!

The fact of the matter, is, they aren`t my problem! *big smile* Woe to you, O destroyer, you who were not yourself destroyed, who deal treacherously though they [your victims] did not deal treacherously with you! When you have ceased to destroy, you will be destroyed; and when you have stopped dealing treacherously, they will deal treacherously with you. Isaiah 33:1

I am bigger than this and I am a daughter of God! All I can possibly do is return their rude, hateful, nasty, atrocious, thoughtless, hurtful behavior with love and kindness. (Even if it kills me!) Nevertheless, My loving-kind-ness will I not break off from him, nor allow My faithfulness to fail [to lie and be false to him]. Psalm89:33

In everything I do, I need to show the love of God. Especially to people who do not show it to me! Some of you might be thinking, “No you don`t!” or “Why?” Well, because there is more to it than them, their wrong doing, payback, revenge or anything else of this world. There is God`s promise that no matter what I face here, I will have great reward in Heaven. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5

And, most important of all ladies, is our children. If we teach them vengeance, they will learn vengeance and they will practice vengeance. Ultimately keeping them from the gates of Heaven. You may be willing to play Russian Roulette with your soul, but are you really prepared to play with the souls of your children? For we know Him Who said, Vengeance is Mine [retribution and the meting out of full justice rest with Me]: I will repay [I will exact the compensation], says the Lord. And again, The Lord will judge and determine and solve and settle the cause and the cases of His people. Hebrews 10:30

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

2 Comments:

Totally worldly thought here, but sometimes the "meanest" thing you can do to a person is be nice to them. I practice this one when I work drive-thru and get some real winners coming through. Makes them so mad.

January 28, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Hi!

I stumbled across your blog on "Globe of Blogs." I am sorry to hear how your family has been treated.
I just wondered if you could expound on your comment that vengence will ultimately keep your kids from the gates of heaven. I do not believe it is biblical to be vengeful either nor Christ-like. (Matt 6:46-48) Just curious. :)

Blessings.

P.S. I am a native Marylander.

February 2, 2007 at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

< Home>