<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sloth (a.k.a. Laziness)

Sloth (a.k.a. Laziness) What ugly words. Nobody wants to be lazy, nobody wants to admit they`re lazy – but in general we`re a pretty lazy species. Remote controls, power windows, riding lawnmowers, leaf blowers ~ the list of `modern conveniences` goes on and on. Not too many of us could say we`d rather do without them either!

The desire of the sluggard puts him to death, For his hands refuse to work. Proverbs 21:25 Does that make you a little uncomfortable? Me too! What about this: Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger. Proverbs 19:15

I just wonder how many people would prefer to sit in front of the TV or computer screen as to mow the lawn or plant a garden. ~ Let`s not even talk about housework! *wink* I saw a button on a message board once that read, “If my house is clean ~ the computer is broken.” Cute? Yeah, I thought so too! (Worst of it, it`s true!)

I rationalize it all because I`m essentially working. Building websites, designing ads, running link exchanges, editing photos, etc. Yes, I AM working, but there is no balance.

Just as I mentioned before, I need to implement a schedule and stick with it. Included in that schedule is housework and chores. Ewh! Can I even put in to words how much I hate doing dishes? Or picking up toys? (They never stay there!) And laundry! Talk about a vicious cycle! *big smile*

Well, the plain and simple truth is, I HAVE to! Who else is going to do it? The bright side to this for us single moms is that there is no one to be upset with us for neglecting the house! The down side is, there`s no one to help!

Not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11 Not lagging. Diligent. Fervent in spirit. Serving the Lord! ~ Gosh! Cleaning my house, showing it attention, being hard-working, this behavior serves the Lord? And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end. Hebrews 6:11 Don`t we all want to glorify God and spend eternity in Heaven?

This world continues to destroy itself. Society continues to be more corrupt. There are no morals or values. People aren`t afraid of eternal damnation, let alone the legal system. Violence wasn`t enough on its own, now it has become more and more atrocious and unbelievable. I don`t know about you, but the hope of eternal salvation sounds better and better. I think that is good motivation to step away from the computer and do some housework! *smile*

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>