<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Time Management

How well do you manage your time? I must admit that I`m not very good at it. My day is pretty unorganized and is at the mercy of my pre-schooler`s whims. I`ve tried many times to implement a schedule and it just hasn`t worked out. Here`s something to think about though: Poverty and shame will come to him who neglects discipline, But he who regards reproof will be honored. Proverbs 13:18 Also this: He will die for lack of instruction, And in the greatness of his folly he will go astray. Proverbs 5:23

WOW! So it would seem that all of the advice we hear on time-management and scheduling might serve a higher purpose! For bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. I Timothy 4:8

I have desperately been feeling a need to get more organized in my life as a whole. There are so many things that I need to do and several that I want and enjoy doing. It seems like if you aren`t organized, you are going crazy all the time and accomplishing nothing. Why is it so difficult to set up a routine and stick to it? Why do we dread it so? All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Hebrews 12:11

It would surely seem that even in Godliness, we are to seek organization, be diligent and disciplined. Not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11

What better way to deliver the message of hope and salvation than to visibly be `put together`? To totally have your act together in everything you do! And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end. Hebrews 6:11

I am normally a bit scattered and distracted, always stressing my next task or obligation. Why would anyone envy that? Why would they want to have what I have? Simple. They wouldn`t. It is extremely important to your family`s mental health and well being to manage your time better, but it is most important to God. We have a duty to Him to reflect a life that is enviable to others. They should see us, our demeanor, our actions, our responses and say, “Hey, I want to live the way she lives! How can I do that?”

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Pretty unorganized? Yes but you seem to have your priorities all sorted out, not to mention your relationship with God ... I only found you by accident 'next blog' hopping. I have a blog too, though it's quite different to this one. I'm at gledwood2.blogspot.com. Feel free to drop round! Take care now and all the best

Yours truly
Gledwood

February 5, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>