<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

God Spoke to Me?



Let`s discuss some more `junk`, shall we?

First of all, I would like to point out a few things. 1) This is not directed at anyone in particular. 2) If you DO take offense ~ talk it over with God. (For real this time!) 3) I do not declare to `hear` the Lord speak. (There are two occasions in my life where I KNOW He spoke to my spirit and I felt it from my head to my toes. Only 2!)

There are times when I plunge in to something (as I often do) and I can feel in my heart and soul that it is blessed. That the love of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit is on it! There have been other times when I knew that I was fighting God`s will every step of the way.

Now, some might view all of this as me not being blessed or not being in tune with or being close to God. That`s alright. I know better. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. I Corinthians 1:26 I speak with God every day, several times throughout the day. I include Him in my daily chores and tasks, while driving (especially) when resting, bathing – where ever! He loves us and wants to be a part of every single day. From the smallest moment to the longest.

So on to my point. How many times have you heard someone say “God told me _____”? For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24

Personally, I find it very convenient that God is pushed out of our daily, mundane tasks and works, but He is made to blame for pretty much anything and everything we don`t want to take responsibility for. So many times we hide behind this façade, rather than be upfront, honest or just roll with it! We have to throw that, “God told me _____ ”, “God sent you to me”, “God put this on my heart”. Is that a guilt trip or what? So automatically, if you disagree with whatever follows, you feel like you are disagreeing with God. And none of us want to do that! Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Matthew 5:11

You know, from the get-go this is a lie. Plain and simple! A LIE! Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. II Timothy 4:1-2 I mean, does it automatically condone our actions if we blame it all on God?

(This could also be considered a form of MANIPULATION! But we will deal with that another time as I`m sure most of us have been exposed to more than our share of it!)

They all paid earnest attention to him, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is that exhibition of the power of God which is called great (intense). And they were attentive and made much of him, because for a long time he had amazed and bewildered and dazzled them with his skill in magic arts. Acts 8:10-11 All in all, my advice is, simply, `Proceed With Caution` in all things, even those seemingly of God. The fact of the matter is that we are all still human and we all still sin. ALL OF US! Even people of God can fall prey to the enemy and his temptation. Am I condemning them or judging them? No! It`s just a simple fact of nature.

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>