<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

~ Cliche` or Crucial?


Good Sunday Morning Sisters! Today, I thought we`d talk about something uplifting and encouraging! (A great start to the week!) In fact, all week, we`ll talk about our thoughts and visions! They can make things happen or they can defeat us! "It shall be done to you according to your faith." Matthew 9:29

It is vital that you focus on good things full of the Lord, full of promise and hope. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.Colossians 3:2

One suggestion I have in particular, replace your music listening with Godly music. (The introduction of Contemporary Christian music is wonderful. There are scattered hymns and gospel music that I listen to. However, I invested in a CD `set` with many, many wonderful songs and artists. Even my 14-year old son will listen to this with me.) I have also switched radio stations in the car; we listen to a local Christian music station. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. I Chronicles 16:9

I believe that it is essential that you aim to replace other media such as TV, reading, etc. with that of good, Christian based media. Now, I won`t kid you to think that I`m a `fanatic` about this, but this is MY goal, based on what I`ve been taught and what I`ve read in the Bible. It really is essential that we do not fill our heads with `junk`! Example ~ I am totally hooked on Crime Drama! I have several favorites, and of those a couple that I try very hard to watch. At one point, I was so convinced that everyone in the world was out to get my family and me, or that tragedy struck at every intersection, that I attempted to keep my family from leaving the house. When a member of our family would go on road trips or be gone longer than expected, I was near breakdown! (I know, looking back it sounds crazy to me too!) But I was consumed! By junk!

Now, on the other hand, even those who love God, still fall prey to accidents, tragedy and such, but instead of consuming myself with worry and fear, I pray. The more I get scared, the more worry and doubt that the enemy places in my pea brain, the more I pray! And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 One of two things always happens, I eventually turn it over to God and have peace with `the possibilities` or my loved one is home!

The enemy uses our thoughts to manipulate us. But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity [of devotion] to Christ. II Corinthians 11:3

(Somewhere last week I told you how any harmful thoughts ARE NOT of the Lord!) This is so true. He does not want us worrisome and afraid of our own shadows! He wants us to be full of peace, joy, happiness, success and prosperity. All Godly, wonderful characteristics that are to be envied, not pitied! This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. Joshua 1:8 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD. Psalms 104:34

Oh girls, there really is ‘sweetness’ in the victory of the Lord! Perhaps to some, that too sounds cliché. But to anyone who has already found God and the power of His Word, you know what I mean. I never used to be positive, I was low, downtrodden, defeated, hopeless, I was a MESS! But today, I am a work in progress. I am on my way to victory! I am continually growing and moving forward. I have a high spirit, I’m uplifted, overcoming, full of hope and dreams and possibilities! I am so excited about every single day! I look forward to spending time with my children and family, my friends, working on my business ventures and becoming more involved with my church and community! Praise God!

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>