<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, February 19, 2007

Plan “B”

Since beginning my blog and developing a bit of a following, I`ve struggled as to whether I should write every day or not.  Don`t get me wrong!  I really enjoy writing this blog and it is a sincere and heartfelt goal of mine to reach out to other single moms.  (Or anyone that needs encouragement!)

This particular weekend, has been a bit trying in quite a few areas.  And, as I`ve mentioned before, I`m struggling to implement a schedule for my household and my business.  One idea I`ve had is to schedule differently for the weekends as that usually includes grocery shopping, visiting, church and household duties.

Therefore, I`ve decided to post Monday through Friday.  I spend quite a bit of time on my blog writing and once I feel led to a particular topic, I research Bible verses and try to learn as much as I possibly can on the subject.  Dedicating this kind of time does take away from other things, like my family and personal reading.

My Saturday and Sunday blog research time will now be dedicated to personal readings from the Word and any books that I`m attempting to read!  (Yes, anyone that knows me very well realizes how funny this is!  I am `attempting` about five books right now - all of which some very wonderful people have either purchased or recommended to me!)  I am NOT a book reader, but this is another personal task I am working on in order to exercise my brain and gain more knowledge and understanding of several topics!  *wink*

So, I`m really hoping that this won`t upset anyone or send anyone away.  I am very dedicated to this ministry that God has put on my heart.  I have been a single mom for a very long time – most of my adult life!  God has worked with me and molded me into something much better than what I was.  I have come very far along my path.  (Not nearly far enough yet, but we are all a work in progress.)  We are beautiful, wonderful daughters of our Heavenly Father and he has a plan for each one of us!

It is so hard sometimes to remember that you aren`t alone or that the world won`t end if you don`t` have an immaculate house!  Thing is, your Heavenly Father loves you SO much.  He sent His ONLY son to this Earth to die on a cross, wearing a crown of thorns, while being stabbed in the side, starved and ridiculed.  –Not to mention that they nailed him to a cross before they ever got started!  Could you imagine sacrificing your only son to save another?  How many of us can honestly say that we`d be willing to do this?

Well, that is a rhetorical question, but think on it!  Imagine!  Imagine how much God must love each and every one of us!  Because He DID!  He not only gave Jesus Christ so you could be saved, but He allowed Him to suffer!  To suffer for all of our sins so that we would never have to again!  So that we could go to the Father and repent and never look back!

I challenge you Sisters!  Repent and WALK ON!  Walk on to salvation!  To inner peace, happiness, joy, love, comfort, calmness and more!  More than you have ever known!

So, although I have no doubt that part of God`s plan for my life includes reaching out to my Sisters, I feel that it would be best to take a bit of a break every week and refresh and revive and spend a bit more time with my family, with myself and most importantly with God!

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.  Psalm 16:9

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>