<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, February 9, 2007

Down & Discouraged

What a trying day Thursday was for me!  Technical errors, missed meetings, differing viewpoints, unmet obligations, broken agreements . . . The list goes on & on.  By the end of the day, I felt like, emotionally, I could not take one more `thing`!  It is exhausting!  It seems like it is much harder to recover from mental exhaustion than physical exhaustion.

Do you realize, though, when we list all off our gripes and complaints, when we acknowledge all the `junk` in our lives, we are actually giving credit to the enemy?  Yeah!  Giving him credit for being a huge nuisance!

He has control over the Earth.  He makes all the `junk` that filters in to your otherwise copasetic existence!  For all of them were trying to frighten us, thinking, "They will become discouraged with the work and it will not be done." But now, O God, strengthen my hands.  Nehemiah 6:9  The enemy wants nothing more than to keep you beaten down, broken and vulnerable to his influence.

So, in an effort to overcome my particularly trying day, I want to examine discouragement and leave it behind me!  *smile*  Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.   Psalm 43:5

Personally, I don`t like feeling discouraged or defeated.  Gosh, I`ve battled with depression almost one third of my life!   Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.   II Corinthians 4:16  Day by day, regardless of the circumstances in this world around us, we are being rewarded.  We are growing closer and closer to Eternal Life!

Our Lord and Savior offers us hope and promise.  All we have to do is allow Him into our hearts and love Him.  Share our lives with Him and seek to live a life that glorifies Him!   "Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, A people in whose heart is My law; Do not fear the reproach of man, Nor be dismayed at their revilings.  For the moth will eat them like a garment, And the grub will eat them like wool. But My righteousness will be forever, And My salvation to all generations.”  Isaiah 51:7-8  God is so good!  His righteousness, His salvation ~ they are good.  The little piddly `junk` that interferes with our lives is only temporary!  It`s just a hurdle.

Did you ever run track?  Or have to jump hurdles in gym class?  Well, I ran track.  I hated the hurdles!  They were really hard for me to jump!  I would tell myself I was going to jump them and when I`d get close, I`d get scared.  I`d totally get psyched out!  What if I tripped?  What if I fell?  Emotional and mental hurdles in adult life are much like those in track and gym!  And boy, they are scary!

"Then you will prosper, if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances which the LORD commanded Moses concerning Israel. Be strong and courageous, do not fear nor be dismayed. . .   I Chronicles 22:13

Do not fear or be dismayed!  Be strong and courageous!  You WILL prosper!

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>