<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lonely? Or Just Alone?

For those of you that have come accustomed to hanging out with me and aren`t `single moms` ~ I apologize.  Today is a single mom day.  ~It`s what I know!  *big smile*

This week in general has been pretty difficult for me.  I`m having some issues with being a single mom!  Hang on though!  Not because I am one necessarily!  I love my children and I love where my life is headed.  I love God and He is taking care of us.  ”Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord”  Acts 3:19

Certainly, if I could choose my life to be different, I would!  My sons would have a father and I would have a loving husband.  There would be someone to share the joy with as well as the responsibility.  We`d have a white picket fence and a dog!  *wink*

For whatever reason though, this is where my life is.  Probably the biggest part of it is because I chose to live a sinful life full of satisfying one fleshly desire after another!  I spent quite a bit of time with all the wrong kinds of people and I was taken advantage of.  In MANY ways!  "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct," declares the Lord GOD. "Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you.  Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel?  Ezekiel 18:30-31

Regardless, whatever set it all in motion, God is using what I know and what I`ve experienced to reach out to you!  Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.  Proverbs 1:23

My issues this week, however, are with the stereotypes that surround us.  Why is it that people can`t just accept us for who we are?

Jesus Christ DIED for my sins and has forgiven my transgressions ~ why can`t people?  (By the way ~ we ARE just people!  All of us!  Look at God!  Is anyone greater than Him?)  Perhaps we should all take a look.  Remember this when someone treats you like a nobody!  And if you are treating someone like a nobody ~ you had better pray about it!  "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."  Matthew 3:2

Single Moms are some of the strongest, most courageous women you will ever meet!  If it snows ~ they shovel.  If the grass needs cut ~ they cut it.  The house, the laundry, the dishes, and meals ~ they take care of all those!  The kids` homework ~ Mom.  Discipline & chauffeuring ~ Mom!  Groceries ~ Mom!  Most of these women have little to no family to help out and certainly can`t afford a babysitter or housekeeper!  Did I mention `can`t afford`?  Yep!  Even after leaving their babies for 40 ~ 60 hours per week, they STILL can`t afford to support them!  Please don`t get me started on Health Care!  Welfare?  Oh heavens!  The `system` is seriously amiss in most cases.  When we cry, we cry alone and late at night.  We have to schedule this in after the kids` bedtime so we don`t upset them too!

Often times, these women were `dumped` by their husbands.  They are left with nothing.  Just getting out of bed each day is a serious challenge!

Some might say `boo hoo` you deserve it!  OK ~ I`ll bite!  Why?  Why do I (or any other single mom) deserve to be overwhelmed, abused, neglected, stereotyped, alienated or just plain treated badly?  Did I miss the memo where everyone was told to ignore the single mom?  Worse yet . . . did I miss the one that said I couldn`t be a Christian if I was a single mom?  Personally, I am very tired of my marital status being an issue!  Is it totally necessary for me to air my dirty laundry and share my sob story in great detail in order for other human beings to accept me?   I am a person too.

"Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.”   Luke 17:3

God loves me!  God forgives me!  Shouldn`t everyone else?  Or are there really people out there that think their opinion is more important than His?


Deuteronomy 24:1-5
Law of Divorce



1 “When a man takes a wife and marries her, and it happens that she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out from his house, 2 and she leaves his house and goes and becomes another man`s wife, 3 and if the latter husband turns against her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter husband dies who took her to be his wife, 4 then her former husband who sent her away is not allowed to take her again to be his wife, since she has been defiled; for that is an abomination before the LORD, and you shall not bring sin on the land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance. 5 “When a man takes a new wife, he shall not go out with the army nor be charged with any duty; he shall be free at home one year and shall give happiness to his wife whom he has taken.

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>