<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

No Rest for the Weary?

Gosh!  I have just been so tired and achy lately!  Perhaps when you factor in all of the ice breaking and snow shoveling I`ve had to do?  Between two sidewalks, a path for the newspaper boy and digging my car out . . . it might be understandable.  Poor Me!  *grin*

We just get so bogged down with all of the routine and laboring tasks that we can`t think about much else.  All parents, all homeowners have a tough time that`s for sure.  Single moms ~ we`ve got to do it all.  Unless of course you are fortunate enough to be able to hire someone to shovel snow, cut grass, clean house, etc.  (I`m not quite there yet, but plan to at least get a housekeeper in once a week to cut down some of the work.)

I do really enjoy cutting grass and being outside.  It is something you can look back over and see a job well done.  AND the grass will take a week or so to grow back!  *wink* Shoveling snow ~ not so much!  That is a task I gladly pawn off on my 14-year old!  Luckily, he is taking on more responsibility and more of the `guy` jobs around the house!  (Thank God for sons!)

We have to remember, through it ALL, that our Heavenly Father is right there for us!  He`s better than any exercise regime, vitamin pill, diet, supplement or even sleep!  (Those things are all extremely important in context.)  My point is, however, that no matter how low we feel, no matter how tired, worn out, no matter how many muscles and joints ache ~ God is there to pick us up, dust us off and put us back together again!  For I will [fully] satisfy the weary soul, and I will replenish every languishing and sorrowful person.  Jeremiah 31:25

You just have to believe in Him, seek Him and nurture your relationship with Him!  And you have perseverance and have endured for My name`s sake, and have not grown weary.  Revelation 2:3

When I was 17 (a long time ago) I lost my maternal grandmother to breast cancer.  (Before there were survivors.)  This woman was something else!  She and my grandfather divorced in a day and age when it was not accepted practice.  She worked two jobs to support my mom and aunt and she never complained!  Never!  What a life!  What a woman!

Well, when I get down on myself, I like to think about my grandma.  I think about how proud she`d be if she saw me today.  If she knew how much I love God, how much I love my sons and how hard I try every day to live a life of victory!  This particular verse reminds me so much of her:  Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.  Isaiah 40:31

Gain NEW strength!  Mount up with wings like eagles!  Run without being tired!  Walk without becoming weary!  ~By the power of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!  Amen!

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>