<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Best Friend

There are some times, some instances when I end up feeling so very alone.  It’s the craziest thing too.  I have my mom and kids, I’ve got some rockin’ girlfriends and I even have a boyfriend these days.  But the fact remains, that sometimes, I still feel very alone, very misunderstood and very sad.

Things happen in our lives and we find it very hard to discuss them with anyone.  Sometimes, even if we can talk with people we are close to, they just don’t seem to understand or care.  Most of the time, we can’t tell everyone, everything.

Right now, I’m going through something very confusing, very frustrating and very painful.

Thank goodness, that no matter what impressions people have, what conclusions they draw or what their intentions are, we always have one true friend in God.  He never leaves us nor forsakes us.  He alone, knows the desires of our hearts and the dreams of our minds.

In Hebrews 13:5, the Lord says, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"

A man of too many friends comes to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.  Proverbs 18:24

When we are facing something difficult, the turning points in life or relationships, He alone can guide us.  We must pray to Him with our whole heart for His will to be done and then completely trust in Him - even if we don’t necessarily understand.

“And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.  Isaiah 58:11

For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

As human beings, I think we all too often seek the approval of other humans.  We want people to like us, love us and understand us.  But that isn’t always the case.  People don’t always have the ability to forgive or forget the past and sometimes that can ruin something good.

I encourage you gals to always remember who your one TRUE best friend is.  Always go to Him.  Share your excitement, discouragement, frustration, concerns, fears – everything.  Whatever it is He will always listen, always care and best of all, He can always bring good from any situation if we let Him.

Labels:

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>