<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, June 1, 2007

A Balancing Act

Something was mentioned in an e-mail the other day that got me thinking about balance…

So many of us are out of balance – what can we do?  Is it possible to balance ALL of our responsibilities?

I am so out of balance right now.  Not enough sleep, not enough to eat, not enough ‘me’ time, and surely not enough ‘God’ time.

I’ve got a teen that seems to think staying put is a crime, because he is on the move constantly.  I’ve got a pre-schooler that has a selective hearing disorder.  Business is just slow enough to cause financial strain while gaining just enough momentum to create havoc.  My father fell and hurt himself which requires me to help him out and run him to various doctor and orthopedic appointments.  Youth group has begun at church and requires my attention, as do some redecorating issues.  We’re still looking for a house and trying to sell another piece of property.  It’s that season when grass must be mowed and vehicles need washed and vacuumed.  Most frustrating of all, my neighbors will never learn to park, but continue to buy countless vehicles!!!  Oh the joys!  Oh, and did I mention…I just might start dating again…yup…you heard that one right!  (Could it be?  Has the cynical, bitter, ex-wife found herself a man?  We shall see!  *wink*)

There are so many issues, worries, obligations and responsibilities pulling on me right now and I know that it is a time to prune!  I must, must, must prune away the responsibilities and obligations that are fruitless (so to speak).  Someone I love and respect very much talks a lot about this.  (Feel free to visit her at Small Business Moms’ Blog “…for tips, resources and encouragement...especially for newer work at home moms that wish to run their business from a biblical perspective…”)

Anyway, I won’t get into the particulars, but the point is this, we must balance our lives.  None of the things I’ve mentioned can be allowed to overcome or overwhelm us.  When things are out of whack or out of balance, that creates frustration, exhaustion and many other ‘gaps’ for the enemy.  When we are tired or hungry, lonely, harboring hurt feelings, all of these instances create vulnerability and allow the enemy to brutally attack us.

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.  John 15:2

If a branch is not bearing fruit – it is taken away.  I always have a very hard time with this.  I feel like I need to be everywhere I can, doing everything I can to glorify God.  It isn’t necessarily working out that way.  I thought that even if I wasn’t gaining anything that it was my responsibility to ‘give’.  The thing is, the vine is fruitless.

These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.  John 15:11

“…so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.”  Not ‘sort of’ or ‘kind of’ or ‘somewhat’ – but FULL!

We are all just roaming around aimlessly, bogged down by all these wayward, crazy branches.  The other branches are trying to produce fruit, but desperately need pruned back so that they can grow healthier and fuller!

Limit yourselves sisters!  As Moms, we are all so used to doing everything ourselves.  We fix everything and nurture everything.  But the fact remains that we are human and can only do so much – even with God’s help.  Quit trying to be everything to everyone!  Instead, balance, prune and be FULL of His joy!

Labels: , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>