<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Armor of God: The Shield of Faith

The Armor of God  (Ephesians 6:16)

16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.


Shield:

  • a broad piece of armor, varying widely in form and size, carried apart from the body, usually on the left arm, as a defense against swords, lances, arrows, etc.

  • something shaped like a shield, variously round, octagonal, triangular, or somewhat heart-shaped.

  • a person or thing that protects.


  • Faith:
  • confidence or trust in a person or thing.

  • belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

  • a system of religious belief.

  • the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.


  • In other words if we carry our shield of faith, believing in God and His promises, we are well able to extinguish the “flaming arrows of the evil one”!

    What a promise!

    2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,

    3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

    4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  James 1:3


    God doesn’t tell us that the “arrows” or trials won’t come, but He promises to equip us with the armor that will protect us from them.  We have to believe in Him, His word and His promises!

    Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.  I Timothy 6:12

    He also promises that if we persevere and endure the trials, holding tight to the Word of God, wielding our shield of faith, He will bring us through it “perfect and complete”, “lacking in NOTHING”!  Praise God!

    1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

    2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

    3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;

    4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;

    5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.  Romans 5:1-5

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

    3 Comments:

    Hey there...just stumbled upon your blog. I like it. I too am a single mom. Pregnant with my second. I'm due July 27th. I am a Christian and totally depending on God for everything. I've never been in such a vulnerable position as I am now. Switching jobs, having a second child and doing it by myself. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to pay my bills if I don't make enough money in soon enough time but God knows. God loves us and won't leave us stranded or forsake us. If He cares about one sparrow...He cares much more about us!! Praise the Lord!!!

    June 14, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

    Hey there...just stumbled upon your blog. I like it. I too am a single mom. Pregnant with my second. I'm due July 27th. I am a Christian and totally depending on God for everything. I've never been in such a vulnerable position as I am now. Switching jobs, having a second child and doing it by myself. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to pay my bills if I don't make enough money in soon enough time but God knows. God loves us and won't leave us stranded or forsake us. If He cares about one sparrow...He cares much more about us!! Praise the Lord!!!

    June 14, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

    Hey Cathy! Welcome to my 'Refuge' - I'm so glad that you found me! Please come back often! (Best of luck with Real Estate! My prayers will be with you!) :)

    June 14, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

    Post a Comment

    < Home>