<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Give Up!

Yep!  You heard me right!  Give up!  Quit fighting, fumbling, stressing, wrestling and worrying with all this junk that you carry around and give it up - to God!

Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life.  Luke 21:34

This is something I’m working very diligently with right now.  I have a tendency to be very persistent and stubborn.  So when trials and adversity hit, nothing is any different.  I forget to go to God; I think that I can do it on my own and Viola!  I end up frustrated, stressed and very grouchy!  (Ask my kids!)  What did I accomplish?  Absolutely nothing!

But the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and chokes the word, and it becomes unfruitful.  Mark 4:19

There are several issues that I seem to be dealing with over and over right now.  I’ve mentioned most of them here (a few times) so I won’t beat the horse.  But usually, about once a month or so, I feel like I could literally explode.  I feel like every morning when I wake up I’m already on the edge.  So every time something happens, large or small, I just blow!  There are times when I physically feel like my head will simply shatter and blow right off the top of my head – like a volcano!

I think this is something that is especially characteristic of single moms, although I don’t think that we have the patent on it.  I know a lot of married moms that are seemingly raising their children as single moms.  They’re on their own all week, every other week or sometimes weeks at a time – they too understand this very well.

You are solely responsible for every function in your home, every event, every chore and errand.  You raise your children, discipline your children, attempt to have quality time with your children, maintain your home, and usually, we’re the sole breadwinner.

Now add the unusual junk, like a broken down vehicle, leaky roof, unexpected dental, optical or heath issues, or the all to well known and much dreaded TEMPER TANTRUM and well, that’s it!  There goes the “Mamma’s Peak”!  Come on!  How on Earth are we supposed to do all this?  How are we supposed to manage?  How can anyone expect us to be ‘Suzie Sunshine’ all the time?

Simple!  We go to God!  We give it all up and put all this junk in His hands.  Honestly, it really isn’t that simple, or I wouldn’t be here talking about it.  Indeed, we make it very difficult!  We hang on, laboring over it all wondering why we’re so exhausted, drained and irritable!

Duh!  We just aren’t made to handle it all alone!  God is patiently waiting for us to hand it all over to Him and we need to!  For us!  For our health!  For our kids!  For our family!  For our friends!  And, whether we realize it or not, for God!  He truly and passionately wants for us to admit how much we need Him!

The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him.  Nahum 1:7

GIVE UP!  LET IT GO!  LET GOD!

Do you understand the words that are comin’ outta my mouth?

GIVE UP!  LET IT GO!  LET GOD!

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  John 14:1

He has the shoulders to bear our burdens Sisters!  He can and He will!  Praise God!

My God in His lovingkindness will meet me; God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes.  Psalm 59:10

For You have been a defense for the helpless, A defense for the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; For the breath of the ruthless Is like a rain storm against a wall.  Isaiah 25:40

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

2 Comments:

While on a web search I came accross this page and your words hit my heart and soul..it was as if I had written them. I feel the same way frequently and often feel very single and alone despite the fact that I am married. I struggle with all the same issues. Being married to an unbeliever who is emotionally absent is just like bieng single and raising my family alone. Thanks for your encouraging words, Alicia.

June 12, 2007 at 4:19 PM  

I am SO glad that this could help you somehow and you are always welcome here! A precious gal by the name of Melissa has a wonderful blog for ‘spiritually single’ women. Feel free to check her out too! Faith Filled Wives

June 12, 2007 at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>