<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, June 4, 2007

Me, Myself and God

But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.  I Timothy 6:6

As a new Christian, I’ve learned a lot of very important lessons.  One of them has been to be happy with myself, to be content with who I am and where I am and to enjoy spending time with “me”!

I know so many people that can’t stand to be alone - they aren’t alone without being lonely.  They constantly crave the company and attention of other people or being in public places.

Not me!  No way!  When I finally get a few moments to myself, I immerse myself in the tranquility and serenity of being ALONE!  This is something that God has taught me and it has been an invaluable lesson to learn.

I can remember when my husband and I first separated. My son would go on visitation with him and it drove me crazy to sit here alone.  I was needy and dependant on other people for everything.  I had to get on the phone, get out with friends – anything!  The only thing that mattered was that I was NOT alone!

So many people are like this.  I see guys and gals who would spend their time on people and relationships that are obviously going nowhere or are even lethal.  They impose themselves on others and all around are just lost and lonely.  I want so badly to tell them to find God and find themselves!  It’s the best thing you can do for yourself.  I have so much newfound contentment in who I am in Christ.  I truly enjoy spending time in the Word and cultivating the new me.  It has been the most significant makeover I will ever experience!

As single moms, I think it weighs heavy on us as to whether or not we will find someone else to share our lives with.  A lot of us may even obsess over it.  –I used to.

21 Many plans are in a man’s heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand.
23 The fear of the LORD leads to life, So that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil.   Proverbs 19:21 & 23


Once I found my way back to the Lord and spent my time and efforts on growing closer to Him and learning more about who He wanted me to be, who He expected me to be, I realized that I could relax and trust Him with the details.  I enjoy myself, my life, my kids and all of the other blessings that God has so graciously bestowed upon me.  Now, I am more independent and I am better able to truly trust God with the fate of my “love life”!

10 “He opens their ear to instruction, and commands that they return from evil.  
11 “If they hear and serve Him, they will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures.  
12 “But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword and they will die without knowledge.  Job 36:10-12


I often joke that if it is God’s will for me to meet someone or even to remarry, that He will drop this man from the heavens right into my lap.  Gone is the day that I am in search of this person or longing for his arrival.  I now know, deep in my heart that God can handle this.  He has a perfect plan for my life and it is up to me to trust Him with it.  That may even mean that I spend the rest of my life alone.  That is okay too!  Life on this Earth is very short it is also very corrupt and distracting.  We have to focus ourselves on the bigger picture and live our lives accordingly.  Live as the Word of God instructs us to.  Live for what you have and be appreciative of your blessings.  Don’t spend your life aching, needing, searching and longing for the things and people that you don’t have!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Hi! I found you because you had found my blog. Hope you don't mind me reading! I love this entry...very encouraging!

June 26, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>