<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Armor of God: The Gospel of Peace

The Armor of God  (Ephesians 6:15)

15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE


Shod:

  • an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle

  • an object or part resembling a shoe in form, position, or use


  • Peace:

  • cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension

  • freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquility; serenity

  • a state of tranquility or serenity


  • Freedom from strife or dissension…freedom of the mind…tranquility…serenity…

    That is music to Momma’s ears!  This peace thing sounds like an awesome thing.  Where on Earth can we get some of that?

    Unfortunately, the answer to that one is nowhere!

    True peace, deep down, honest-to-goodness PEACE is something only available through the blood of Jesus Christ!

    Only when we truly give our spirit, mind, heart and body up to God can we experience this indescribable peace, joy and love that God has promised to us.

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.  Galatians 5:22

    The fruit of the spirit IS love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.  When you truly (and I can’t express this enough), TRULY repent of your sins, with complete and sincere submission, you will know the fruit of the spirit.  There will be no doubt in your mind that you are destined for heaven and that you have a precious relationship with your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  You will find yourself at prayer all the time.  You will have a true relationship with Him like no other that you can imagine!  You will feel His love deep down inside.

    I tried living, getting by, whatever you want to call it, many, many ways.  I shrugged God off for the better part of my life.  A few years ago, when I found out that I was pregnant with my 2nd son, I knew that it was time.  No more wandering or floundering around taking everything He’d given me for granted.  IT WAS TIME!

    I have never regretted one single moment.  Sure, I don’t drink myself to oblivion anymore, gamble away my pay check or spend my time with people that only took what they needed from me - it is a worthy sacrifice!

    I DO spend my time with my family, I drink Pepsi, Iced Tea and occasionally force myself to drink water (it’s healthy you know), I DO pay my bills, I DO take pride in myself and feel fantastic about who I am and what the Lord is doing in and with my life!  So many changes have taken place and my life has become so full of excitement, satisfaction, accomplishment, love, joy and PEACE!!!  I have been heard saying “Holy Cow!!!!!” quite often lately!  These are things that can only be explained by the divine and supernatural favor and blessings of my Father!

    Sisters, I won’t sit here and claim that it is all peaches and cream 24/7!  I’d be lying through my teeth!  There are tests and trials!  BUT…listen closely…you are not alone anymore!  You have your Heavenly Father right there beside you.  Closer than any friend!  He is with you always, everywhere, every time!  He promises to get you through each and every struggle!  He promises PEACE!

    And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7

    Labels: , ,

    posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

    2 Comments:

    I am so glad to read that you are finally feeling excited about your life, that you feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction - this is a far cry from the Christina I last spoke to. ;)

    June 13, 2007 at 10:49 PM  

    It’s amazing and incredible what can happen in a person’s life when they quit stressing and give their worries over to the Lord.

    You gals will fall over when I can give you the details! ;)

    June 14, 2007 at 6:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    < Home>