<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, May 7, 2007

Timing is Everything

Once again, I’m revisiting a topic I’ve talked about before.  Once again, it is something that is weighing very heavily on my heart and I am dealing with it every day.  (Actually, I’m NOT dealing with it, which explains the need for revisiting it!)

As I’ve mentioned before, my family is faithfully searching for a new home.  Not just a house, not just a place to move, a HOME!  Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE moving?  I only want to do this once and do it right!  Under the circumstances, we need something a little more unique than what is traditionally available on the market.  (Within a reasonable price range that is.)  The kids need their own bedrooms, Mom needs a ‘suite’, and I need a bedroom and an office.  We surely need more bathrooms!  We’d ‘like’ a family room and perhaps an exercise room.  We need a garage.  We really, really, really want a nice, level, private yard…and the list goes on!  *smile*

We are once again entertaining the idea of buying a modular.  We found the exact modular we want and have planned out our basement!  We would end up with 3900 square feet of living space and approximately 500 square feet of garage!  (Right now the four of us are essentially living in 900 square feet of living space!)

Well, in a sincere effort to not insult anyone involved or resort to name-calling, I will just tell you that people are often not what they seem, although they say a lot of things - they don’t mean any of them and unfortunately, promises are not always kept.  I am finding myself, once again, very disheartened.

I’m struggling so much with this.  I know that God has a perfect plan for His people.  I know that He wants us to live comfortably and happily.  I know that He would not have us suffer!

So why then?  Why are we still in this same small house that desperately needs some TLC?  Why are we still subjected to neighbors that ‘flash’ us, damage our property, keep us up late at night and are all around inconsiderate?  Why?

Because, for whatever reason or purpose, it just isn’t God’s time yet.  Either something isn’t available for us yet, we need to ‘do’ something here before we move…I don’t know.  I have no clue whatsoever!

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1

All I know for sure is this, God will not allow us to continue to suffer like this.  He will not allow us to continue to suffer sleepless nights, to be cramped, stressed, fearful, insulted, or anything else that is going on.

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

It is so hard, as human beings, immersed in this sinful, material, ‘natural’ world to think outside of the box.  To think within the box, or the promises of, God.  It is times like this, times of disappointment, heartache, hardship, frustration, that we need to look to Him and to His word.  To not fall victim to the deceit and the lies of the enemy.  Unlike every other promise or declaration, those of our Lord and Savior are true!

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,
7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
9 But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.  I Peter 5:6-11

Labels: , , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>