<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Thursday, May 3, 2007

56th Annual National Day of Prayer

The mission statement for the National Day of Prayer Task Force:

The National Day of Prayer Task Force`s mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the five centers of power: Church, Education, Family, Government and Media.

To read more about the National Day of Prayer, what it is and how it got started, check them out here.

(NOTE:  Their website is moving very slow today.  Regardless, be sure to check them out at some point!  The information and history makes for a really good read!)

This certainly is an event worth celebrating!  Don`t you think?

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  II Chronicles 7:14

Obviously, we cannot physically `gather`, but we can come together in spirit and agreement and pray to our Father God for the needs of our Nation.

Most importantly, before you do anything else, observe 3 minutes of silence.  Reflect and search your heart.  If you have never done so, or have strayed for a while, seek personal repentance.  Make a point to be right with God before you do anything else!

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 123:23-24


Go to the Father washed by the blood of the Lamb and free of sin.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

In observance of the occasion, I thought that I would say a prayer, write it down and share it with my Sisters.  I`ll try to stay general and try to remember all the major things, but it IS Thursday and my brain is officially at `mush` status.  (I`m sure that I will personally be praying all day in order to remember everything!)  When praying your own prayer, please feel free to add your own concerns, prayer requests, and special needs!  I thought it would be nice to have some sort of guideline to get you started!


Dear Precious Father in Heaven,

Today is a day that our Nation acknowledges You and acknowledges the power of prayer.  Lord, I pray that as groups gather and heads bow all over our Nation, that people would have the eyes to see and the ears to hear of Your glory, Your grace, Your unconditional love and Your blessings!  I pray for the salvation of our brothers and sisters as they are encouraged to seek You and welcome You into their hearts today!  Ultimately Lord, I pray that salvation is seen in unbelievably, large numbers.

Lord, I pray for our churches, their pastors, leaders and congregations, for their dedication, wisdom and perseverance as they reach out and minister to others.  Please Father, be their rock and their refuge in a world that ridicules and mimics Christians.  Help them to hold on to the promises of Your Word and the hope of life everlasting.

Father, please guide our school systems as they are faced with challenging decisions every day.  Help them to make clear, concise and wise choices for the future of our children.  Please protect and guide our teachers and administrators through the numerous obstacles they face as they dedicate their lives to the growth and education of our children.  Please help them to be encouraging, nurturing, positive influences in our children’s lives.

Please Father, protect our children, at school, at home and at play.  They are faced with so many decisions and temptations every day.  They are picked on and bullied; they struggle with the stresses of academic and athletic performance, Lord, they need You so very much.  Please Lord, I ask that You veil them in Your protection.  It`s hard to believe, but I know that You do indeed love them even more than we do and I trust Father, that You will hold them tight in Your loving arms, safe from harm.

Please Lord, protect our entire families as we are continually attacked by the cruelties and temptations of this sinful world.  Father, please shield our relationships with spouses, children, parents, siblings, friends, neighbors and co-workers, and bless us with the ability to cultivate these relationships and nurture them in a way that is glorifying to You.

Father, I pray for our Nation, her leaders, her servicemen and their families.  Please help those in power to have clarity and make sound, wise decisions.  Lord, please, please, dispatch Your own army of guardian angels to protect and shelter our servicemen.  Father, please allow them to come home to their families safe and unharmed.  In the meantime, Lord, I pray that their families could find peace and rest in Your arms.

Lord, I pray for those in positions to inform and guide the citizens of this country.  Please Father help them to use wisdom and have clarity when choosing their words.  The media plays an important role in the morale and temperament of our nation`s people.  Lord it is obvious that they need Your support and guidance in every decision they make.

Most importantly, Father, today, as many people everywhere will be praying FOR so many things, I want to take the time to thank You, with my whole heart, for loving me and for sacrificing Your son for my salvation.  I thank You for my family`s safety and health, for the many blessings that You bestow upon me, for the opportunities You present me with each and every day and the prosperity and success, love and friendship that You offer to me not only through my Earthly friends and loved ones, but especially through You.  You are my rock and my fortress, my shelter in the rain.  Hallelujah!

In Your Precious Holy Name Lord,

Amen



For more information and ideas:  National Day of Prayer – Official Website

Check out these nifty little Prayer Bracelets

Labels: , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

powerful!!! Amen!!!

May 3, 2007 at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>