<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Monday, March 12, 2007

There IS Rest for the Weary

Some time ago, I did a post on weariness . . .

I hate to admit it, but I get so tired and so often!  In fact, last night, I managed to sleep from 7:30 pm (when I put my youngest down for bed) until 8:30 am.  The only reason I got up then, was to get ready for church!  *smile*

Anyway, that is 12 hours! (Daylight Savings Time)  Normally, I only sleep 5 – 6 hours.  Once my kids are in bed, I usually get this miraculous `2nd wind` and I use the time to read, study the Bible, pray, watch TV, socialize or whatever I can get in before I collapse!

It`s so easy to get caught up with everything.  We are overcome by all of the stress and the demands of the world and of the flesh!

Galatians 6

8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.


I actually came across these verses while doing something else and that little light bulb in my head went off!  *wink*

It doesn`t get clearer than that!  When we serve the flesh and the demands of the world, we will only reap corruption!  When we serve the Lord and sow in the Spirit, we will reap eternal life!

DO NOT lose heart when you are doing good!  In due time you will reap!  Keep your eye on the prize!  God is at the finish line just waiting to reward you with His trophy!

Do good to ALL people!  ESPECIALLY those of the household of the faith!  My goodness!  Encourage and inspire your brothers and sisters in Christ!  Don`t criticize and condemn them!  Don`t take on a superior or condescending attitude!

What an awesome comfort!  When I feel weary, overwhelmed, sad, lonely, distraught, disheartened . . . I rest in the knowledge and comfort that I am sowing the seeds for a harvest in the eternal life my Heavenly Father has promised ~ I get a 2nd wind!  

Praise God!

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

me too. so weary. It's quite a relief to hear you feel the same, it makes me think I'm normal and not ill...

March 12, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

< Home>