<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Saturday, June 30, 2007

8 Random Things

I don’t do a lot of memes, but this one sounded like fun and I was just so darned thrilled that Melly  tagged me, I couldn’t resist it!  *wink*

The rules are simple:

1. You need to know the rules before the game begins.

2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay, so here are 8 random things that I don’t think I’ve told you girls before:

  • Naturally, I am a brunette, but in the summertime, I love to highlight or lighten my hair completely.


  • Although I don’t feel like it now, I was always the skinny, awkward kid that got picked on for being ‘skinny and awkward’.


  • I have lost my toenail on my right, big toe twice now.


  • My left ear is pierced 5 times, and my right ear is only pierced once.  (What can I say?  It was the thing to do!)


  • Although it is bad for you, I love to tan.  (I’ve tried ‘sunless’ tanners and they ALL rub off, wash off, sweat off, etc. – they DON’T work!)


  • My favorite flower is the ‘peace’ rose.  It is the peachy/pink rose with the yellow tips. (Really, almost any rose is my favorite - especially since I can’t grow them myself!)


  • My favorite color is green.  Just about any shade or hue!  (Could it be because green is the color of money?  Maybe because green symbolizes life and new growth?)


  • I am a clotheshorse!  Even though I am currently in a size that I am NOT happy with and attempting to lose weight, I still love, love, love pretty clothes!


  • Off hand, I don’t know of 8 people to tag, so I will leave it open to all of my readers.  If you’re reading this and you haven’t done this particular meme, please feel free to do so.

    Don’t forget to leave a comment here so that we can all stop by and read ‘8 Random Things’ about you!  Have fun!  (((hugs)))

    Labels: ,

    posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

    4 Comments:

    Oh, wow! I did not know any of those things about you. Some of the quite surprised me. LOL! It is great to read these kids of memes. Thanks for doing it!

    June 30, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

    It was fun! Thanks for tagging me! :)

    June 30, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

    Tanning - bleck! LOL!!!!

    I knew about the green ;)


    Toenail loss - yucky!

    I have 3 holes in one ear and 2 in the other...I let the 3rd close when it got infected, now I have just 2 in both ears...pierced my belly button when I was 18 ;) Since let that close up too, but I do have an interetsing scar from it and I am told it would easily pop back through with little pain if I wanted....oh geez, TMI, sorry!

    June 30, 2007 at 8:42 AM  

    LOL! You are so darn funny Becki! ;)

    June 30, 2007 at 9:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    < Home>