<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Deterrence by God

~When Good People Want Bad Things!


Sometimes, we pray and pray, yet nothing happens. Why is that?

Yesterday, I told you that God hears our prayers. He should answer them too! Right?

Well He does HEAR all of our prayers! Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Sometimes, however, He does NOT answer them and praise God for that! Why? You ask. Oh please, DO let me tell you!

After my divorce, I was involved with `the love of my life`! Or so I thought! I thought he was the perfect man. I thought he loved me! I was a FOOL! I prayed and prayed for this relationship to work out and things never did. Eventually this man was so deceitful and hurtful that I had no choice but to end the relationship!

Although, I do NOT believe that the Lord allowed my awful circumstances to take place, I allowed them to exist quite well on my own, I DO believe that He did not answer the prayers or bless the relationship for a reason. He knew this man`s heart and intentions and He also knew that this was NOT the relationship for me! Therefore, He surely did nothing to help it along! Looking back, I praise God and thank Him every day that He DID NOT answer these prayers!

This was also a time in my life when I was not right with the Lord. I knew God, I knew about Him, I knew what was right and wrong. BUT I was choosing to live sinfully. I went out `clubbing` with friends and drank often. The Lord was NOT going to answer my prayers then! Blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) is the man who reverently and worshipfully fears [the Lord] at all time [regardless of circumstances] but he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity.Proverbs 28:14 Basically speaking, without Him we are nothing. If we are seeking satisfaction from the people and the things of this world, we don`t stand a chance.

There is nothing in this world that will satisfy like the love of Jesus Christ! When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; For the LORD your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them.Deuteronomy 4:30-31

We are to choose God, first and foremost. He needs to be our most important priority! In the day of prosperity be happy, But in the day of adversity consider-- God has made the one as well as the other. So that man will not discover anything [that will be] after him. Ecclesiastes 7:14

With Him we are blessed! With Him all things are possible. And looking at [them] Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Have faith and pray! If things seem `off` – it just may not be the right situation for you!

Labels: , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Very well spoken, as usual! I just want to make the distinction for any readers who may not be Christians. God always ANSWERS the prayers, He just doesn't always give us what we want so it APPEARS as though He does not answer them.

January 24, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>