<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Deterrence by the Enemy

~When Bad Things Happen to Good People!


Have you heard this phrase? (A little over-used in my opinion.) To an extent it`s true, nonetheless. It`s used mostly when someone dies or tragedy strikes. For our purposes today, we`ll consider any bad occurrence, thought or feeling a `bad thing`.

So, why DO bad things happen to good people?

If you truly are a good person, if you are following the path of the Lord, if you are growing in the Word you are glorifying God. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not [in] vain in the Lord. I Corinthians 15:57-58

This makes the enemy furious! That is the LAST thing he wants. He wants us to be miserable, hopeless and desperate. He wants a vulnerable, empty human being to manipulate and have control over! Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. II Corinthians 2:11

But You, O LORD, be gracious to me and raise me up, That I may repay them. By this I know that You are pleased with me, Because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me. As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, And You set me in Your presence forever. Psalm 41:10-12

Recently, I shared with you that we were looking for a house. Well, we have indeed found a house and although there is a lot to get in order, it appears that we will soon be moving! Yippee! Right? Yeah, I guess. I mean, I`m feeling a lot of anxiety and I`m very stressed out!

Because it`s a bad decision? No, I really don`t think so. There are several reasons we need to move and this house meets the majority of our needs. We will be using the proceeds from another real estate sale to buy the house outright and won`t even have a mortgage payment! It`s in the same town, so my children won`t have to change school districts. Commuting distances are the same. Very little change overall!

Why then? Well, personally, I believe it`s the enemy. Yeah, it could be a convenient excuse, but you see even when the Lord IS trying to make a point, He isn`t going to make us feel sadness, guilt, fear or anything that would bring us distress! For out of much tribulation and distress of heart I wrote to you, with many tears; not that ye may be grieved, but that ye may know the love which I have very abundantly towards you. 2 Corinthians 2:4

Girls, I have to tell you, I am touchy, short, nauseous, I`ve got a headache, etc. This isn`t the Lord`s way. It`s the enemy`s way! He is filling my head and my heart with so much doubt! He will persecute you any way possible in order to keep you from God`s blessings.

It is at these times as much as ever, that we need to go to our Lord and Savior in prayer. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. I Peter 5:7

Continue to pray over the situation and seek clarity and discernment! O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

He DOES hear your prayers! Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31

Why do YOU doubt? Have faith Sisters! Seek out the blessings and the favor that our Savior has for you!

Labels: , , ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>