<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Friday, January 19, 2007

It's Finally Friday!


Well...what an interesting week it has been.

On Wednesday, while setting out to create our refuge, I was informed by a neighbor that there was a bomb threat at my teenage son's school. In this day and age, this was horrifying news! The school was not notifying parents, however, the roads were being shut down and authorities were everywhere!

My aunt called to let me know that one of her co-workers has a daughter in the school and they had been evacuated! Well, thank the Lord!

I have to tell you, I just didn't know what to do! I couldn't very well drag my toddler off in search of my teen! (It's not like I could call my 'husband' for assistance!) Has anyone else been here?

Well, I prayed. I just prayed and prayed and begged God to bring my son home safe. I screamed at the devil and told him that he just could NOT have my son!

So although there was no husband to call or seek reassurance or comfort from, there was God! (There's ALWAYS God!) And, thankfully, as 'usual' my eldest strolled in around 3pm. In fact, he had had a 'great' day - 'one of the best' he's ever had! *big smile*

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

I remember bomb threats. They were fun! We ran around and goofed off. We had a bomb threat on my birthday and I got out of gym class (the best birthday present EVER). This was back in 9th grade in Virginia. Usually it was some bored teen pranking.

January 19, 2007 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

< Home>