<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Sunday, January 21, 2007

It`s Sunday! Day of Rest?


How many single Moms get to rest ANY day of the week? How many `Moms` in general get to rest any day of the week? *wink*

Boy, let me tell you, on top of it all, I`m sick! Feels like a watered down version of the flu! -Just enough to make me miserable! Especially when the kids still need you, dishes still need washed, laundry has taken on a life of its own; toys are strewn throughout the house! Holy Cow! Calgon take me away!

But enough of that! I could whine and complain for a week! (It wouldn`t do me too much good either! -I`ve tried it! *wink*)

What I`d like to talk a little bit about today is loyalty and forgiveness. A favorite pastor of mine, `Joel`, talked about loyalty today and it really hit home. In fact, I`ve been dealing with a lot of this myself this week.

In particular, someone I considered a good friend and Sister in Christ, has done some questionable things. I won`t go in to the details, because that isn`t relevant or appropriate! But let me tell you, it is hard to find forgiveness! It`s very difficult to be loyal! I`m angry, betrayed, and I never want to speak to her again! Cut your losses and run. Right?

Well, `Joel` spoke about how we all make mistakes and deserve forgiveness, loyalty, grace and mercy. I mean, let`s face it; the Bible says: In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12

Boy this is a tough challenge!

How odd should it be that `Joel` spoke on this today? Faithful, Trustworthy, Devoted, Reliable, Dependable, Steadfast, Dedicated, Constant. These are all synonyms of `Loyal`! Can we all claim to be these things? When your gal pal messes you over, do you run to someone else and complain about her? Or do you love her in spite of her faults and mistakes? Hard question? Yeah, me too! So I set out for some guidance on this!

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven. Luke 6:37

So that on the contrary you should rather forgive and comfort [him], otherwise such a one might be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. II Corinthians 2:7

Pretty powerful stuff. Isn`t it? It`s very hard to reprogram ourselves to do these things, even when we know they are right and of God`s will! It`s much easier to give in to the flesh and hold grudges and gossip! Well Sisters, I challenge you today to take each insult, each betrayal, as an opportunity to forgive and show God`s love!

This brings me to another tough nut - overcoming tests and trials. I am a firm believer that we will not be dealt more than we can handle and that with adversity, we become better people and grow closer to God and all of the blessings that He has in store! - We`ll talk about that tomorrow!

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>