<$BlogMetaData$>

Refuge for a Single Mom

Every Single Mom Needs a Refuge. This is Mine. In the Natural Atleast!
* A Blog Dedicated to Struggling & Hurting Moms of Every Walk of Life.

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psalm 18:30

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Thanksgiving ~ Thanks In Advance

When you write a letter of request, often times, you will close it with something like “thank you in advance”.

My question today is why not thank God `in advance`?  He`s good for it, right?  His promises are guaranteed!

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.  Psalm 50:23

We really have so much to be thankful for.  Some days it can take a bit of effort, but it`s very important that we realize just how fortunate we are.

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.  Psalm 107:22

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

Early on in my fight against my depression, I decided to begin my prayer time with my `thankfuls`!

Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God.  Psalm 147:7

Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.  Psalm 95:2

I start out really simple, like, `thank you Lord for another day` . . .  if it was a beautiful day, I thank Him for that.  If it was a particularly yucky day, then I thank Him that I work from home and didn`t have to travel in the muck!  I take time to thank Him for my children, their health, their safety . . . do you realize how many mommas out there spend every day of their lives fighting for their children`s health?  (What are we doing complaining because our 3-year old just spilled milk on the bed?  Or ran off to play post office with the bills we just prepared to mail?)

I`ve found over the years that not only has the `thankfuls` list become easier to recite, but it has become longer!  Praise God!  He is so wonderful!

From them will proceed thanksgiving And the voice of those who celebrate; And I will multiply them and they will not be diminished; I will also honor them and they will not be insignificant.   Jeremiah 30:19

It`s really important to thank God for the goodness He has placed into your life. It`s also important to believe for more and thank Him in advance!  Thank Him now that your aches and pains are healed, thank Him now that your children will get good grades and grow up to be loving, kind, considerate, influential adults.  Thank Him for grandma`s recovery and the new home you know your family needs to find.  Thank Him for a good job or the ability to work from home and be there for your children!  Thank Him for good friends and companionship!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  Philippians 4:6

This is positive and proactive behavior that will cause for a wonderful and blessed future, for health, safety, success, prosperity and most magnificent of all His almighty favor!  Thank God in advance!  He IS good for it!  Amen!

Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.  Revelation 7:12

Labels: ,

posted by The Single Mom at 12:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Home>